Journalist – INDAILY (Internship)
February 2016 – March 2016
InDaily, owned by Solstice Media, was South Australia’s only locally owned, independent source of digital news. During an internship at their Adelaide office, I produced a series of articles surrounding the 2016 Adelaide Fringe Festival.
I worked closely with the Art’s and Culture editor Suzie Keen to further my skills and experience while working with the team. To produce stories, I would work directly with publicists and public relations teams, interview comedians and performers, and attend events and shows as a press representative. Generally these interviews and performances took place outside of regular 9-5 work hours and taught me the importance of being available if a story breaks – even if that story was just a fridge show.
Examples of work:
My work in dot points
My position required me to;
– Work as part of a fast paced and passion news team.
– Pitch, chase and produce stories aimed completed at online distribution.
– Write and create articles accurately and quickly.
– Manage time efficiently.
– Liaison with the Arts and Culture Editor.
– Work within the parameters of a vision.
– Attend events outside of regular hours.